This opportunity is simply to good too pass up. Matt Miller , the DBC Inc. author of Ditch That Textbook, has
put together an unbelievable professional development virtual conference and has talked a world class line-up of speakers into contributing. And here’s the most amazing part…in an act of absolute lunacy, he has made it 100% free to register and participate!
It is appropriately called, The Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit.
There will be one presentation each day from December 16th through December 24th. No need to travel anywhere, no need to dress up, and no need to watch the videos live. One video will be released each day and you have until December 31st to watch. Watch them in your pajamas if you want to…we won’t tell a soul.
So who did Matt convince to be a part of this?
- Two Global Teacher Prize finalists
- A New York Times best-selling author
- State and national teachers of the year
- Creators of some of your favorite teaching resources online
Presentations topics include:
- Integrating technology in the classroom
- Creating engaging, exciting lessons/classes
- Infusing lessons with inquiry and student choice
- Connecting students to people and experiences worldwide (for free!)
- And much, much more!
You want more details?
- Dec. 16 (Fri) — Mike Soskil, 2015 Global Teacher Prize Top 10 Finalist
- Dec. 17 (Sat) — Kasey Bell, Google Certified Trainer and Creator of ShakeUpLearning.com
- Dec. 18 (Sun) — Alice Keeler, Google Certified Innovator, Author of “50 Things You Can Do with Google Classroom”
- Dec. 19 (Mon) — Dave Burgess, Author of New York Times Bestseller “Teach Like a PIRATE”
- Dec. 20 (Tue) — The Hyperdocs Girls (Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton and Sarah Landis)
- Dec. 21 (Wed) — John Spencer, Professor of Educational Technology, Co-Author of “Launch”
- Dec. 22 (Thur) — Skype Master Teachers (Jed Dearybury, Gina Ruffcorn and Dyane Smokorowski)
- Dec. 23 (Fri) — Paul Solarz, 2015 Global Teacher Prize Top 50 Finalist, Author of “Learn Like a PIRATE”
- Dec. 24 (Sat) — Noah Geisel, 2013 ACTFL Teacher of the Year, Educational Consultant
So how do I sign up???
It’s easy! Just go RIGHT HERE and register for free.
Want to know more about Matt and his book? Read this blog post that I wrote when we released Ditch That
Textbook to the world. It has had a huge impact on educators who have read it and it has sparked a wonderful online community on Twitter in the #DitchBook hashtag.
Sign up!! I’ll “see” you at the summit!